Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gym shoes should stay in the gym

I've heard more than one stylist say that "gym shoes should stay in the gym," with the latest being a couple of weeks ago when Oprah had a shoe makeover show.

Adam Glassman, creative director of O, The Oprah Magazine, advised that women need six types of shoes. They are:

  1. A black pump
  2. A comfortable flat
  3. An evening shoe
  4. A tall boot
  5. An all-weather boot
  6. And a sleek comfort sneaker

I have all of these, but my sleek comfort sneakers had seen its best days. So, I replaced my Merrell sneakers with a pair of New Balance dedra shoes that were made exclusively for Nine West.

Glassman says every woman needs a cute, sleek sneaker - not to be confused with the kind you wear to the gym. "Your gym shoes should stay in the gym," he said. A dressier sneaker in a fun color is your go-to shoe. "It's like the comfort food of shoes. The comfort sneaker."

I opted for silver, not really a "fun" color, but I will get more wear out of silver sneakers.

They were a terrific buy. Originally, $89, they are on sale for $59, but right now, Nine West is offering 30 percent off all purchases. So, I got them for $48.99. And the company is offering free shipping until the end of the month! So, shop away. You can get all six types of shoes during this great sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment