Thursday, October 1, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside

OK. It's not exactly cold, but it's cool. The high today in NJ was in the low 60s and the lows were the 40s. The change in weather got me thinking about all of the great coats out there. One of the best things about living on the East Coast is the need for a coat, well, multiple coats.

I love coats. I can't get enough of them. I think I have about eight and could easily buy all of the ones listed below.


This cutie is the Double Cloth Carlin Coat. It's priced at $298 at J. Crew. There are few things in life better than a pink coat. I have a pink coat and get compliments every time I wear it. A pink coat is totally unexpected!

Military style is all the rage and this Funnel Neck Military Pea Coat from bebe is a great way to salute this trend. This coat sells for $179.




I love, love this Somerset Cape. And it's the perfect weather for it - not too cold so that your arms can't be out. But this cape can take you through the winter. Just add some long gloves for a chic look. I tried on this cape over the weekend and fell. in. love. You can find this at Anthropologie for $158. I'm seriously considering adding this to my collection.



Trenches never go out of style and the navy on this Miss Sixty Modern Trench adds something new and exciting to a classic look. This trench sells for $168 at Nordstrom.





Who doesn't love a ruffle? And this coat is full of them. This Plenty Frock Coat by Tracey Reese sells for $325 at Piperlime.com.


Enjoy the weather!

5 comments:

  1. I found a sweater last year almost identical to the Sommerset Cape on clearance for $2 because it had a hole in the upper right shoulder. But with a $2 feather brooch to cover the hole, it looks like a million $$$!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,
    nice coats and your blog looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    Similar interests, mutual respect and strong attachment with each other are what friends share between each other. These are just the general traits of a friendship.To experience what is friendship, one must have true friends, who are indeed rare treasure.

    I have added you to my blogroll, hope you can do the same thing for me so that we can have constant communication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. speaking of the fall. how come i can't find a decent navy pinstriped suit this year? i work with lawyers so i kinda need one, but i want it to be cute - and not outrageously expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - i'm on the hunt for a navy pinstriped suit for you! thanks for posting.

    shesoghetto: sounds like a great find!

    you are the light of the world: thanks for adding me to your blogspot. checking out your blog now.

    ReplyDelete