Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

Well, maybe not just yet.

If you have really cute rain boots, you almost want it to rain, which it's doing today in New Jersey.

I bought these rain boots about two years ago from Target for $19.99 each, but I've been thinking it's time to get some more adult-like rain boots.

So, I've been looking at the Hunter rain boot - the maker of the original Wellington.

While my printed boots are fun, I would go for a solid color in the Hunter - probably black or navy. The boots sell for $115 for the tall boot and $105 for the shorter version, which isn't a bad price considering the quality and craftsmanship (do rubber boots have craftsmanship? hmm). But I found my size on Ebay for $79.95.

This very adult, classic rain boot may be my next purchase.

2 comments:

  1. From Facebook: Oh, if only I'd bought Wellies when I saw them at DSW a few weeks back. My walking shoes got soaked this morning. Still wet. I'm faced with wet shoes or high heels for the trek home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 pair of boots similar to yours, but it may be time for a more adult pair as well, or the tory burch rain flats (jellies). I'll have to look for the Hunter Wellingtons.

    ReplyDelete