Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Have Boots Will Travel

When my mother reads this blog, I'm sure I'll hear from her.

I cannot wait for it to get cold enough to wear these Frye Paige Cuff riding boots that I bought about 10 days ago.

I first saw the boots in a Saks Fifth Avenue Off Fifth outside of Lebanon, Ohio two weeks ago and instantly fell in love. I showed my mother and her reply was, "You have to get out of the habit of wanting everything you see." I know, it's slightly childish - wanting everything you see - but there are so many great "things" out there, sometimes I just can't help myself.

But I digress.

Knowing that I was trying to cut back on spending, I just drooled at the boots as I placed them back on the shelf.

Two days later, I was on a plane back to New Jersey and I couldn't stop thinking about the soft leather, the Frye craftsmanship or the awesome slate color. Oh my!

I spent the next day tracking down the boots. I called two Saks outlets in New Jersey, which had the boots, but didn't have them in slate. But I hit the jackpot when I called the Saks in Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. The only drawback is that Woodbury Common is in a part of New York that's 90 minutes from my home.

But that didn't stop me, I had the lady in the shoe department hold my size 6 and I grabbed a bottled water and an apple and got on the road. A little more than 90 minutes later, I was trying on the Paige Cuff boot, which actually cuffs. Of course they looked fabulous and the fact that I paid $211 rather than the $397 that Frye is selling them for made the trip worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Man I love that commitment to a great pair of boots. I get it, they are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete