Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Women's Shoe Suffering Movement

These are the shoes I wore last night to Delta's in New Brunswick.

No matter where I ended up last night, I was wearing these Betsey Johnson Reese shoes because they have been in my closet for about a year and have never seen the light of day. In case you're wondering, this is a sure sign that one has too many shoes, when you buy them and seriously take your time getting to them.


I saw them last fall in Nordstrom and like I do with all things fabulous, I instantly fell in love. I mean, look at them! Who wouldn't be a victim of love at first sight? The bow. The deep blue body with bright red trim and the added elegance of suede. I wore them with Theory dark skinny jeans that I cuffed into the boyfriend-jeans look and a short, red double-breasted jacket from Anthropologie

My friend Raven and I bought the shoes at the same time after we saw them individually (she lives in the D.C. area) and realized that we had to have them. Even with my infatuation, I was slightly hesitant because of the price - $165. I knew this was not going to be a shoe that got a ton of wear, but I also knew when I wore it, they would be show stoppers.

And they were show stoppers.

While I received several compliments, they hurt like heck. I'm praying that it was because it was my first time wearing them and not that they are just going to be shoes that hurt all the time. I have shoes that have never broken in no matter how many times I've worn them.

So, the situation begs the question of why women torture their feet (mine were still hurting this morning) for great shoes?

Post your answers in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. comments from facebook:

    I love the jacket in your shoe picture. Cool blog, Chandra!
    September 5 at 9:26pm · Delete

    Knight Stivender: Fun blog, Chandra. Have bookmarked!
    September 5 at 11:08pm · Delete

    Chandra M. Hayslett: Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete