Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Matte Finish

I've noticed that one of the latest nail trends is using polish with a matte or dull finish. So, I bought a bottle of OPI matte polish today. The color is "You Don't Know Jacques," which is a grayish, brown color, which is great for the fall.

The polish came with instructions - Do not use a base or top coat, drying products or hand lotion. The first three will be pretty easy, but I have to lotion my hands. There's also a warning that the matte polish doesn't last as long as the regular OPI polish, I guess that's because you can't use a top coat.

I just used the polish at and first glance, I didn't like it. I missed the shine. But 10 minutes later, I love it. It's different and completely fashion forward. I painted my toenails, too, and was thinking I would put a top coat on my toenails because they needed something extra. But I have since decided against that, too.

I'm totally lovin' the matte finish. What's your favorite nail look?

OPI matte can be found at Trade Secret for $8.50 a bottle.


4 comments:

  1. from facebook: love the color...but I'm addicted to the shine, so I'm not sure I could jump to matte finish.


    i thought i was addicted to the shine, too, but i can't stop looking at my nails. you should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new trend. My toes are navy blue, Chanel Polish. I have on ruby red open-toe pumps. Yeah, I rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the OPI Matte Finish...Just painted my nails in Navy Blue and like you I can't stop looking at my hands and showing them off to coworkers.

    Love the new trend!!!
    Melissa (Torri's Friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. melissa - i bet the navy is so nice. the next time i'm in trade secret, i'm going to look for that color. it will be a nice alternative to the black i wear in the fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete