Wednesday, September 2, 2009

White after Labor Day? Yes Way!


When I got home today, there was a package at the back door. This made me smile. I love receiving packages!

Inside were my skinny white jeans that I plan to wear all fall and winter. I grew up in a time when you wore white between Easter and Labor Day, but Labor Day is Monday and there is no way that I'm about to shelve these jeans. Now, people wear white year round.

Suze Yalof Schwartz, Glamor's executive fashion editor at large, said if you put away any white after Labor Day, don't let it be your white jeans. A white linen dress, yes. But not your white jeans. Nothing is more chic than white jeans in the wintertime with a chunky, cozy sweater or blazer and leather boots, she told MSNBC.

And that's exactly why I needed skinny white jeans - to tuck into my boots. I have a pair of bootcut white jeans that are cute, but skinny or straight leg just tuck better. I tried them on with the slate Frye Paige Cuff boots and they look amazing!

I didn't want to spend a lot, because they are not going to be my go-to jeans this fall and winter, so I made sure the purchase was frugal - $39.99 on Amazon. The brand is Moto.

2 comments:

  1. comments from facebook:

    one day i'll 'revisit' that look. i feel 20lbs heavier in white??
    8 hours ago · Delete

    Suzy Goffredo MorrisI just don't know whether I can get over the rule. But who am I to talk I am wearing shorts and flip flops. @Paela save me a biiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkke girl!
    8 hours ago · Delete

    Chandra M. Haysletti won't be spinning today. and paela- you are smaller than i am, so, if i'm wearing white jeans, you can!
    8 hours ago · Delete

    Caroline BerzAre you saying that "Members Only" is back in style?
    7 hours ago · Delete

    Chandra M. Hayslett@caroline: absolutely!
    6 hours ago · Delete

    Lisa Vernon Sparksmy motto is if "you're confident enough to wear it then rock it,"

    ReplyDelete
  2. comments from facebook:

    I wish I could pull off white pants...I wish I could pull off skinny jeans for that matter!! Too many "bumps" exposed.. ;-)
    September 2 at 1:44pm · Delete

    Vicky Urbina: thanks for saying that!!! i'm tired of ppl saying that ONLY "spanish" ppl do it
    September 2 at 2:32pm · Delete

    Suzy Goffredo Morris: I like my white jeans still not sure I am wearing them after labor day.
    September 2 at 2:40pm · Delete

    Chandra M. Hayslett: lol vicky! well, hopefully everyone will don their white after labor day!
    September 2 at 2:41pm · Delete

    Suzy Goffredo Morris: No spending Money girl even for research LOL
    September 2 at 2:42pm · Delete

    Theodora Carter: can you do a blog on finding the perfect pocketbook???.. LOL

    ReplyDelete