Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Right Tights

I live in tights every fall and winter. I love how they look with a skirt or dress paired with heels, boots or flats. But my tights are normally black. I've decided to venture outside of my comfort zone this season and add some spice to my tights. I bought red, mustard and brown HUE tights to other day at Anthropologie.

I went in looking for purple because I saw a girl on the street with a navy knit dress, purple tights and black ankle booties and it looked really cute. I would have never thought to pair purple tights with a blue dress, but seeing it on someone else made me want to duplicate the look. Well, I didn't find the purple tights, but the colors I got are just as exciting. Purple is still on my list, though.

I'm looking for unexpected ways to wear the red, mustard and brown tights. I also have tights with an argyle pattern that I bought last year from Nordstrom, but never wore them. I pulled them from the back of my sock/stocking/tight drawer today determined for them to get some attention. I hope when I wear my colorful, fun tights they inspire someone else to walk outside of their just-black-tights comfort zone.

The HUE tights are completely opaque and are $12.50 each or two for $20.

Here are some really great ways to wear your tights:







No comments:

Post a Comment