Thursday, September 3, 2009

Say It With Fashion

If you know me, you know that I don't hold back. I say what's on my mind. Basically, I'm not shy.

So, when I saw this "Legalize Gay - Repeal Prop 8 Now" T-shirt, I had to have it.

I first saw it on Kathy Griffin's reality show, "My Life on the D List," when she was campaigning for people to repeal Proposition 8, the measure that was on the November ballot in California that goes against gay marriage. The wording, however, was so confusing that if you were in favor of same-sex marriage, you voted against Prop 8, and if were against same-sex marriage, you voted for Prop 8. That can confuse the smartest person, right? Anyway, the measure passed 52.5 percent to 47.5 percent.

Since I own and publicly wear the shirt, you can guess how I feel about same-sex marriage.

Whether you agree or not with Prop 8, clothes are a great way to get your point across. There are some great T-shirts out there with hilarious, cute, political and religious messages. A good website to start with is Good To Go Tees.

If you're interested in the "Legalize Gay" tee, it's at American Apparel for $17.

How do you say it with fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment